Okay guys, remember this article? You know, the one about reporting sexual assault that included this paragraph:
A minor — in general, 16 or 17, depending on the state — can legally consent to sexual activity. A person of any age who is forced or threatened, developmentally disabled, chronically mentally ill, incapacitated by drugs or alcohol, unconscious or preparing to undergo a medical procedure cannot legally consent to sexual activity.
Wanna help with a letter-to-the-editor campaign?
See, tumblr is great and all…but a letter to the editor could be read by a lot more people, and has potential to effect potentially greater change. So I’m going to send a letter to the editor explaining that yes, actually, I can and do consent to sexual activity, and I’d encourage you all to do the same.
Contact info:NYTimes contact: email@example.comAuthor: firstname.lastname@example.org(And I’ll publish what I submit here, as well.)
If you can’t articulate a full post or have anxiety around sending an email, feel free to send me comments or emails or whatever. I’ll put together something with your comments when I get back online monday so that your comments can be heard too. I know I have a couple of followers who struggle with anxiety about this sort of thing.
- porcelain-horse-horselain likes this
- creepycatgirl likes this
- nicocoer reblogged this from nicocoer and added:
- rynerssoftbooty likes this
- andromedalogic likes this
- hibernatingsunflower reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- baroquechemistry likes this
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from ateacupinastorm
- thenameoftheworms reblogged this from alexbaeddelbunny
- alexbaeddelbunny reblogged this from ateacupinastorm