I’ve decided (in the last 5 hours, lol) on the following practical and realistic resolutions:
- Read more books, fiction and non, about/set in other cultures, written by people from those cultures. Too many old white dude writers writing about them in the books we were given in HS and on “classic” or “must read” lists.
- Finish “A Suitable Boy”. My Aunt gave it to me when I was in 10th grade and I still haven’t finished it. To be fair, I didn’t start reading it till two years ago, but still… [ETA: DONE JULY 2011!]
- Do more fannish crafting. It’s something that brings me joy, and while I love Advo and activist work, they are also work. Fannish stuff is just about the joy, not the work or ideal. And I don’t want to burn out constantly.
- Learn a new craft. My land lady does balloon crafting, and that might be a good one to pick up.
- Kiss more people.
- Work on the part of me that carries the shame for needing help.