Tumblr has been eating my posts. This originally included a response to Scarborough’s comments. I will not rewrite that. Others have rebutted it. Not for the first time, I was late because of the car. The response to Autism Speaks is also unimportant. They will not change because I ask. I still have something to say: in the wake of commentary on national television to the effect that we are ticking time bombs, I saw autistics defend our place in society in an unacceptable way.
”We are not mentally ill” is no defense. Yes, I saw that written outright. Saying we are not like those people is visting the palpable sense of awareness shoved on us moments before on someone else. It short-sighted, unethical, and cruel. It is two oppressed groups, in some opinions, two subgroups of one oppressed group, allowing themselves to be pitted against each other. Scapegoating one group of people, saying we are worthy because we are not them, is as inhumane when we do it as when anyone else does. Bigotry is bad from any source.
- humainsvolants likes this
- behaviouristatplay likes this
- derring-dont likes this
- sherlocksflataffect reblogged this from nicocoer
- nicocoer reblogged this from iamthethunder
- nobody-real likes this
- nicocoer likes this
- pale-black-eye reblogged this from iamthethunder and added:
- pale-black-eye likes this
- mommy-cuteella likes this
- iamthethunder likes this
- boydsnest likes this
- fadedgeneration likes this
- iamthethunder posted this